Tuesday, August 26, 2008

scared

i found this while i was at home. and i thought it was worthy. i have been meaning to type it up on here. i have no idea when i wrote this, nor for that matter who it was about. but i read this, closed my eyes, and realized that most of can relate to this situation at one time or another in our lives. 

that one time when you are awake. and the person next to you was asleep. you just want to reach out and touch them. but you are afraid. you dont want to wake that person. and if they do wake up, what will they think.....can anyone else relate?


lying next to you
i want to reach out
touch you
im scared

im wide awake
you 
asleep 
by my side
next to me
in my territory

my hands
on your chest
my arm 
on top of yours
i cannot do it

my hand 
wrapped up 
in your fingers
a simple squeeze
i hope you can 
feel it

i wish 
i could
do it
easily

without thinking

i reach out
pull back
once more
still cannot do it

go to sleep 
angry
with myself
still scared

will you ever know

No comments: